Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Superbowl Weekend...

This past weekend was pretty dang good for me. Shelby and Thomas, close friends of my husband and mine, offered to pick me up and take me to their apartment in Dickinson, which is 4 hours from me, so they drove a total of 16 hours this weekend..yeah I am loved. lol Anyway, it was nice to get out of the house, and have a little fun, although I cant have too much fun with the little bun cookin in my oven ;) lol, but it was still great. The Superbowl half time show sucked, but I am glad the Cheese Heads won.I was also able to receive a couple of calls from my husband, which completely made my weekend, and left me with no worries.
I think the worst part about this whole deployment thing, is the fact that since my husband and I have been married, we have not spent a single moment apart, aside from him going to work. We even get groceries together, I mean everything, and the fact that we just cold turkey stopped seeing each other everyday is putting me through withdrawals to be completely honest, so even just a 20 minute phone call gives me the feeling of being on top of the world.
For those of you who are able to see your loved one everyday but dont, or take a kiss for granted even just once, I would advise to never do it again. I could live without so much in my life, but my husband is not one of them, and I am forced to temporarily do so. He is the only thing that keeps me going and my head looking up, and its odd to think about life before I had him. I had no idea what living and love really was.
So what do I do? I look forward to every phone call I get, I mean every time my phone rings, I jump hoping its him. I get excited at the thought of wrapping myself in his arms when he comes home, and even my surprise that I will be getting on Monday. He called me and told me I HAD to makes sure I was home all day, so right now, that's all I can think about. lol I know I blog about him a lot, but if you were in my situation, and lucky enough to have the greatest man in the world at your side, you would, too. 1 week down, 51 more to go. I can do this. TTFN ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment