Sunday, February 13, 2011

What a Waste...

I know I havent really blogged in a couple of day, but due to the fact that I have no life without my husband, I dont have anything to really blog about. Today, however, I do.

I have mixed feelings about the coming of Valentines Day tomorrow. Not only will I not be able to celebrate it with my husband, but like all of the rest of the holidays this year, it will be our first V-Day ever! He does have a surprise coming for me tomorrow, so I am a little excited. :)

Also, yesterday I went to this Valentines Day Social thing for all of the families that have soldiers over seas in the our unit. I was really looking forward to it because we were going to make cards for our soldiers, well it didnt turn out so great. First of all, they didnt have anyone to great you at the door, so I was completely lost of where to start, so they had some catered food, and since with was lunch time, I grabbed myself a baked potato. I tried to sit down with one of the other army wives, and as hard as I tried to make a conversation, she wouldnt talked to me, so I just ate in silence.
Then after that, I decided to make my card, but I noticed that all of the kids were making them, and no adults, which made me feel like an idiot being the only wife making her husband a card. When the little kids asked their moms why they werent making a card for daddy, the moms said they were too old. >.<
But that wasnt going to stop me from making a card for my husband, so I simply made my card and left, and I will never go to one of those stupid social things again. I thought I would go and make friends, but I realized that the only friends I need are my husband, my mom, and the friends I currently have, even though most of them are in Georgia. I dont need nor do I want to have snobby friends, and thats all those wives are. So there! TTFN ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment