Monday, January 10, 2011

Lalalala Cheese...

30 Days of Truth-Day 24: Make a playlist to someone and explain why you chose those songs.

I love music, and the best kind of songs are the ones that make you think of your actual life and the people in it, so this playlist is for the most important people in my life, and explanations to follow each song.

1. Nothing Else Matters- Apocalyptica: This is mine and my husbands song, the one we danced to at our wedding. I like the Metalica version too, but the Apocaluptica version is amazing. Basically, it doesn't matter how much money we have or where we end up. Nothing matters as long as we have each other. He is the reason I am excited for a new day, and the reason I am excited for my future. I don't care about our past, just our current time and our future together. I love you Slink <3

2. In My Daughters Eyes- Martina McBride: This is mine and my moms song. Everytime I hear it, I thank God for blessing me with such an amazing mom. She is my best friend, and the one person I know I will always be able to count on. I am her world, and she is mine, and I can't wait for her to visit me in February :) I love you mom!

3. My Little Girl-Tim McGraw: This is the song that my dad and I danced to at my wedding. I still remember the first time I met my dad. When I was 12, he came with my mom to pick me up from the airport after spending the summer with my aunt in Ohio. We have been so close ever since that day, and although we have had our disagreements, I love my dad so much, and he is one of the reasons I am the strong woman I am today. I am so glad he came into my life when he did, and although hes not my biological donor, HE is my dad, and no matter what, he always will be. I love you daddy!

4. Grandpa- The Judds: As unoriginal as it is, I danced to this song with my grandpa at my wedding. My grandfather is such as strong man, and has been someone I have looked up to since I can remember. Before my dad came into my life, my grandpa was my dad, and I love him so much. He has such a big heart, and loves his grandchildren more than he loves himself. He taught me how to mow the lawn, and can make anything from scraps he finds in his shed. There is nothing he can't do, and for that, he is my superhero. I love you Grandpa!

5. Bohemian Rhapsody- Queen: This song reminds me of my pyotee. Leah is such a wonderful person. When I first met her my freshman year of high school, I thought she was going to be a total snob, but we ended up being best friends. She took me to my first concert, which was queen, and that was probably one of the greatest times of my life. We have been thru it all, and it seems as though our friendship can survive thru anything, even if we go a year or so without talking lol. I am so glad I have such an amazing person in my life to call my friend, and I think that no matter where we end up in life, we will always be friends. I love you pyoteers!

6. Gone- Roberta Pearson: I have written many songs in my life, but the only song that I am ever able to remember the lyrics AND tune to is the song I wrote for my Aunt Jane. Since my mom worked two jobs, I spent a lot of my time with my Aunt Jane. She taught me how to tie my shoes, read, build a snowman, ride a bike, everything a kid should know how to do. I have so many memories of her, and about 4 years ago she passed away. It is still hard for me to deal with it, and I think of her often. She had a heart of gold, and what I wouldn't do to spend one more day with her smiling face. She is the one who taught me to be so optimistic, and to take life with full force. I miss and love you so much Aunt Jane!

7. Only Prettier- Miranda Lambert: This song reminds me of one of my best friend, Heather. She has been there for me through all of my most difficult and wonderful times in my life. When I went skydiving she was right there watching me jump down. She has helped me so much, and when I needed a good jam to Miranda Lambert, she was always there to jam with me. I miss her so much, and I am lucky to have such a great friend. I love you Heather!

8. Billy Gilman- One Voice: This song is one that I listened to many times while sitting on Helen's roof. She has been my friend longer than any of my friends combined, and we have been thru everything life has to throw at you. It seems as though no matter what we do in life or how long we go without speaking, we always seem to think about each other. She plans on coming to Texas to visit me soon, and I know we are going to have so much fun. She is one of the greatest friends a girl could ask for, and for that, I love you Helen!

There are so many other people I have songs for, but this is all I am going to list encase I have internet trolls come to my page O.o Not to mention I think this is a long enough blog lol. TTFN <3

No comments:

Post a Comment