Wednesday, January 19, 2011

My 10 Favorite Words

Okay, so because I finished my 30 Days of Truth, it's been kinda hard for me to think about a new topic to blog about. If you have the same problem I would recommend the following website: http://www.creativity-portal.com/prompts/imagination.prompt.html

Today it asked me what my 10 favorite words were. They are as follows:

1. Indubitably- the reason being because I like the way it sounds with a high classy, deep, British tone. I think it sounds funny yet sophisticated. :D
2. Touche- let's face it, it just sounds better than "indeed" or "good point" or even "ah, you've won this round" lol.
3. Wizard- I don't mean like Harry Potter casting a spell wizard, but more like when Michael Cera says it in Juno. Like "that's cool" or whatever.
4.Swell- It's a much more chipper way of saying "good" or "well". It's more like saying super well. :D
5.Absurd- Not exactly sure why this word strikes my interest so much, but in my opinion, just saying "ridiculous" is plain. Absurd gives your sentence character. Along with my next word:
6. Preposterous- for the reasons stated above :D, not to mention it's just fun to say.
7. Asinine- Haha okay everyone has to admit that when people use this word seriously in a sentence, it makes you chuckle a little on the inside. lol Call me immature, I call myself fun :P
8.Hysterical- If you say that something is funny, that makes me think "meh, I will laugh a little to myself but not loudly", BUT if someone tells me that something is hysterical, I will prepare myself to literally laugh until my stomach hurts, and that excites me.
9. Ergo- Not quite sure why, but this word just tickles me. It's shorter than therefore, yet makes whatever point I am trying to make seem even more valid no matter if it really is or not.
10 Pyotee- Now most of you will not know what this word means, or even how to pronounce it for that matter, but this word can replace every single word in the dictionary. Noun, verb, adjective (another good word), etc. You just have to be a Pyotee to understand it ;)

And thus (my 11th favorite word) my list of favorite words. TTFN <3

1 comment:

  1. fucking peyote http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peyote

    ReplyDelete